Monday, February 21, 2011

Where Do Babies Come From?

Where do babies come from
a question as a child I would wonder,
when I asked my mother this question
her answers often made me ponder.

'I found you under a cabbage patch,'
or the stork brought you to my door,
'I don't know' is what she would say,
and confuse me even more.

I thought I had it all figured out
when I saw the doctor carry a black bag
into the door of my cousins house
a baby was left there and that's no gag.

My girlfriend's mother was a pastor's wife
she told me the facts of life one day,
explaining all the deep details
in such a wonderful glowing way.

Since my mother had so often said,
'I don't know' to me, I thought it true,
I couldn't wait to tell her all about it,
why her faced turned red I never knew.

I guess these facts were to be secrets
to my mother who couldn't explain,
but the pastor's wife taught me
it was God's blessing, and no shame.

I learned that love and sex are good
and by God they were created,
but they're not to be misused
while for the right one we waited.

I was so glad to get all these many
Generational misunderstandings cleared
and was thankful to know these simple facts
and found they were ones to be revered.

Norma Duncan AKA Mistymaiden

No comments:

Post a Comment