Sunday, April 8, 2012

Our First Journey to Parenthood....

The following are snapshots of a scrapbook...


A re-cap of the story in previous post.

Wayne loved taking morning sickness shots of me.


We had an ultrasound to verify dates at 7ish weeks. We got a conception date of the second week of May and a due date of February 18th, 2005.


We kept very busy during pregnancy. We became formally engaged but decided to stick with our original discussions of a summer 2005 wedding.


3 months pregnant I had a nice pouch going.


I craved tacos from Taco Johns & Ice cream with weird topping combinations. I could not stand the smell or deer meat or hamburger helper and would not touch leftovers. This caused Wayne lots of sympathy weight.


At 4 months I could take out 9 gallons of milk in a month! I was not lacking in calcium. My two closest friends from Holdrege both announced pregnancy at this time. Sonya due in April and Tanya also due in February. Some of my classmates and some of Wayne's were also pregnant at the same time. We were the first among our local circle of friends to get pregnant though. We were also bring the first grandchild and great grandchild into the world for our families (we did later here one of Wayne's cousins in WI was due shortly before us). That's a lot of people fussing over you. ;)


At 5 months I had stretch marks regardless of endless moisturizing and prevention products. I also had completely switched to maternity clothes. Couldn't even begin to fit any regular attire. I had not actually gained any weight at this point. I lost ten pounds at the beginning with morning sickness and was still down a few pounds. I did not break even until 6 or 7 months and over all gained about 10 pounds.


We had our big anatomy ultrasound right before the holidays. Wayne was just sure it would be a boy and when the tech pointed out the part he all but cheered. I had always imagined a boy first too. We sent a rose tipped in blue to my eagerly awaiting mother at work to let her know the gender. Our family hadn't had a baby boy for an entire generation. Grandma had 4 sons and they all had daughters and my mom has one sister who doesn't have any children. Even more fuss was to be had.


Halloween 2004. Me, Sonya & Tanya and our baby bellies.


Over Christmas Break Liz and Mom and Tiff put on a baby shower for me in Holdrege.


They gave Wayne a daddy diaper changing tool belt equipped with tongs and a mask and all!


We had a great turn out and got lots of goodies.



We were in a lease until May in a dumpy trailer. We had a good sized master bedroom we converted mostly to a nursery. We planned to use the cradle I slept in as a baby that my Great Uncle had engraved, Gayle redid Wayne's old dresser for us, we had lots of handmade blankets and I decided on a Winnie the Pooh nursery theme.


8 months pregnant, getting big. At the shower we did a guess baby's birthday weight and length. Many ladies guessed I would go shortly after Christmas. I was huge!


This was my last pregnancy photo. I was 34-35 weeks.









And then came the main show....  

No comments:

Post a Comment