Wednesday, March 2, 2011

SoCo & Urinal blessed gifts….


Turns out this Wayne guy came around again, this time to my room, a couple weeks later with a bottle of Sothern Comfort that one of his fellow Edna Hall boys had tried to bring over a few nights before. Only Wayne Guy was already a third of the way through the bottle, posse at his side after curfew for males in the girls’ wing. They were loud, very LOUD and eventually I let them in before we all got in trouble.  Wayne guy stumbled across the hall and used the girls bathroom, formally a male restroom complete with urinals we had “blessed” the first week of class with plants and poems and unwritten guy code for the use of public restrooms. When Wayne Guy came stumbling back he had proclaimed his thoughtfulness through “bringing me a gift, but don’t touch the wet leaves.” Thanks so much, we’ll just set this up here (on Lexi’s bed, sorry Lexi I don’t think we were getting long at this point, it really did smell too).

Next thing I know there are some RA’s knocking on the door next to mine. They said they had received a noise complaint and wanted to be sure nothing was going on. See, her name next door was Candace as well and she was from Kearney, ironically. Most of the drunk boys kept hidden and quiet just in case the RA’s came to my door, but we turned everything and the lights off and locked the door. Chuck, (owner of the SoCo originally hoping to win me over into a relationship – I mean seriously?) good ole’ Chuck, he was so paranoid that we nearly had to tackle him and hold his mouth shut to keep him from bolting out the room. In fact someone may have done just that. As son as those RA’s were done flirting with other Candace and down the hall around the corner, Chuck bolted down the opposite corner not to be seen again. Awesome, down to 2 drunken boys to get rid of before the RA’s came back.

To keep the noise down I pulled my new chick flick Kate and Leopold out and turned all the lights off again in hopes they might pass out. YEAH…within in minutes Wayne Guy was OUT. But the other one, Jed or Jeb, whatever, was annoying and persistent. What a creep.  Finally after kicking Wayne Guy a few times he stirred, rolled over and flung his arms across me… better than Jeb. Jeb finally deterred left.
Okay…now what to do about Wayne Guy.

As soon as Jeb was out the door and down the hall I flicked on the lights. What do you know; Wayne Guy pops up and starts bouncing around again. Come on! He starts talking non-stop and a million miles a minute about all sorts of random crap. Living with Tiff all my life I was able to keep up and it was mildly amusing. Eventually he plopped down at my computer “YOU GOT BEER FOR MY HORSES? I LOVE THAT SONG!”

After hearing Beer for my Horses sung, sort of, about 30 times I finally decided this nutcase was just going to have to pass out again and I turned the lights off and started watching Kate and Leopold again.  If I remember right he passed out again for a few hours then got up and left with a hang over.

HOLY COW! Never a dull moment with that character! He might be worth speaking to again, he’s from Edna Hall, he’ll be back. It’s like code for those guys to flood Kent Hall like Neanderthals….. 


1 comment:

  1. Awww...so that's how people fall in love. My relationship began one drunken night also :)

    ReplyDelete